Allamuchy Town Hall is located at 292 Alphano Road, Allamuchy NJ 07820.
The date of the first settlement in Allamuchy is unknown. The most prominent and enterprising business man among the early settlers was Joseph Demund, who settled here about the year 1800. He purchased 640 acres of land, where Allamuchy Village stands, planted orchards, built a grist mill with an attached distillery, and did business on what was then considered a grand scale. During the early 1800s Allamuchy was more prominent than Hackettstown.
The Quakers were among the early settlers of the township. In 1764 they built the first meeting house in this part of New Jersey, on the site of a deed which was given from William Penn.