Keyport Borough Hall is located at 70 West Front Street, Keyport NJ 07735.
The Borough of Keyport was erected in 1908 from a part of Raritan Township, and has since been governed under that form of government. The religious life of the borough is represented by seven churches.
Soon after the plotting of the village, Nimrod Beale, one of the original settlers, ... being an earnest Methodist, introduced Father Stuart, a missionary of that denomination, to hold services at his house, which was the first sermon ever heard in Keyport. A Sunday School was established with twenty pupils in 1835; and in the same year, a class was organized and trustees of the church elected. It was soon afterward decided to build a church, the society having previously worshiped on alternate Sundays with the Baptists in the school house. A lot on Church Street having been donated by the Keyport Company, an edifice was erected thirty-five by forty-five feet in size, and in March, 1841, the Rev. John Spear was appointed in charge of the district. The parish then embraced Harmony, Chapel Hill, High Point, Chanceville (now New Monmouth), Bethany and Keyport. The first church building was used until 1856, when the present one, which was remodeled in 1902, on the corner of Osborn and Cross streets, was constructed. The society is known as the Calvary Methodist Episcopal Church, and the present pastor is the Rev. A.C. Brady.
Keyport of the present day  has a population of over 4,000 souls, and is a station on the Atlantic division of the Central Railroad of New Jersey, also connected by a trolley line with Matawan.
Nearby Towns: Aberdeen Twp • Holmdel Twp • Marlboro Twp • Perth Amboy City • South Amboy City •