Cameron Town Hall is located at 247 Carter Street, Cameron, NC 28326; phone: 910-245-3212.
The Town of Cameron had its beginnings in 1857 when 3 brothers named Goodman, offered incentives to the Raleigh and Augusta Railroad to run the line through their land. The town was named for Paul Cameron, one of the railroad's executives. It was incorporated in 1876. The sandy soil was ideal for growing a variety of blackberries known as Lucretia Dewberries and Cameron became known as The World's Largest Dewberry Market. [www,sandhillsnc.com, accessed May, 2012.