Elon Town Hall is located at 104 South Williamson Avenue, Elon, NC 27244.
The area that would become the Town of Elon began being settled in earnest when a crossroads train depot was built here in 1881. While the locals called the place Boone's Crossing, the railroad named the station "Mill Point" as it was established to be a shipping point for the many cotton mills in the surrounding countryside. A post office was established in 1888 and Elon College was opened in 1880 (now a university).
Nearby Towns: Bellemont • Gibsonville Town • Whitsett Town •