Photo: Byron R. Sherman House (The Castle), 310 2nd Avenue NE , White Sulphur Springs, MT. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. Photographed by user:Montanabw (own work), 2013, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed June, 2014.
White Sulphur Springs City Hall is located at 105 West Hampton Street, White Sulphur Springs, MT 59645.
White Sulphur Springs as described in 1939 
White Sulphur Springs, seat of Meagher County, was so named because of mineral springs. The springs are now privately exploited. Indians came great distances to use the hot water here for medicinal purposes. White people who follow their example, report improvement in cases of rheumatism and some stomach disorders.
The country around White Sulphur Springs offers excellent hunting and fishing, and is a popular summer-resort area. An annual Labor Day Rodeo in the town draws some of the best riders and ropers in the State.
South of White Sulphur Springs the highway traverses the wide, open, sage-dotted Smith River Valley, in which are holdings of the Ringling family of circus fame.