Port Gibson City Hall is located at 1005 College Street, Port Gibson, MS 39150.
Port Gibson, the Claiborne County Seat, was chartered in 1803. It is know as the Town too beautiful to burn, attributed to General Ulysses S. Grant during the Civil War.
Port Gibson as described in 1907 
Port Gibson, the county seat of Claiborne County, is a city on the Yazoo & Mississippi Valley R.R., 29 miles south of Vicksburg and 40 miles north of Natchez. It is 20 miles from the mouth of Bayou Pierre, at a point where the old Natchez trace crossed that stream. Robert and George Cochran kept a store here in the early days, and when Claiborne County was created in 1802, the residence of Mr. Gibson stood about 3/4 of a mile from the river, in what is now the upper part of the town. Grand Gulf, a distant 10 or 12 miles to the northwest on the Mississippi River, was for many years the shipping point for Port Gibson, and to facilitate communication between the two towns, the Grand Gulf & Port Gibson Railroad was built at an early date.