Kosciusko City Hall is located at 222 East Washington Street, Kosciusko, MS 39090.
Kosciusko as Described in 1907 
Kosciusko, the county seat of Attala County, is an incorporated post-town situated on the Aberdeen division of the Illinois Central Railroad, about 74 miles northeast of Jackson, the State Capital. The Yockanookany River, whose source is about 40 miles northeast, flows within one mile of Kosciusko. The town was located in 1834, and was originally named Paris. In 1839 its name was changed to Kosciusko for Tadeusz Kosciusko, the Polish patriot. By reason of its remarkably healthful location, and its situation near the geographical center of the State, it was prominently considered as an eligible site for the location of the State University, and was one of the seven contestants for that honor in 1841, receiving 12, 16 and 18 votes on the first three ballots. Among the prominent men of the State who once made their home here, may be mentioned: Judge Joseph A. P. Campbell, his younger brother Judge Charles H. Campbell, General Henry Gray, Judge Robert Hudson, Judge Sam Young, Judge R. Boyd, Judge Jason Niles, George W. Cable, Bishop Charles G. Galloway, Reverend T. A. S. Adams, and C. H. Alexander.
Kosciusko is a thriving town, possessed of an industrious and energetic population, chiefly engaged in mercantile pursuits. It is the local trade center for a large and very fine agricultural district, embracing a large part of Attala County, and much of the counties of Leake and Neshoba. Its annual shipment of cotton aggregates 25,000 bales. It has a private system of water works, electricity, three hotels, eight churches, three banks, two newspapers, a cotton factory with 12,500 spindles and a capital stock of $175,000, principally owned by local capitalists. Among other manufacturing enterprises in the town are an oil mill, spoke factory, ice factory, brick factory and a fertilizer factory.