St Francois County, Missouri
The Saint Francois County Courthouse is located at 1 North Washington Street, Farmington, MO 63640. County administrative offices are located at 1 West Liberty Street, Farmington, MO 63640; phone: 573-756-5411.
St. Francois County Jail and Sheriff Residence, circa 1870, located at 11 North Franklin Street, Farmington. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996; photo by wikipedia username:TheCatalyst31, 2014, creative commons [cc 3.0], accessed October, 2021.
Settlement in the region greatly increased with the Louisiana Purchase, and by 1821, the population had grown enough to warrant the creation of St. Francois County. St. Francois County, which was named after the St. Francois River, was organized from Jefferson, Ste. Genevieve, and Washington Counties. Farmington became the seat of the new county very soon after. 
- Debbie Sheals, Private Contractor, Courthouse Square Historic District, St. Francois County, Missouri, nomination document, 2003, National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places, Washington, D.C.
- Courthouse Square Historic District
- East Columbia Historic District
- James Robinson McCormick House
- St. Francois County Jail and Sheriff's Residence