Sibley Village Hall is located at 208 Front Street, Sibley, MO 64088.
The plat for Sibley was laid out by Archibald Gamble in 1836. The first lots were sold by Gamble to Michael S. Corre, Albert Cushing and Frederick Biltzhoover, Josiah Spaulding and George Collier.
A post office was established here about 1840 with John S. Pryor as postmaster.
Sibley at one time was the only shipping point west of Lexington. In 1880 the town had a physician (James Gilbert), attorney (S. S. Neely), constable (John Thompson), and 2 justices of the peace (William C. Harrelson and S. S. Neely).
Fort Osage, a National Historic Landmark, is located in Sibley.
Nearby Towns: Buckner City • Levasy City •