Rich Hill City Hall is located at 120 North 7th Street, Rich Hill, MO 64779.
Rich Hill as Described in 1941 
Rich Hill was named by the first postmaster, E. W. Ratekin, for the town's location on a hill under-laid with coal. It's a faded memento of mining days near the Marais des Cygnes River (French for Marsh of the Swans). In 1880 the site was part of a cattle range; in 1883 it was a well-constructed city of 8,000, with an imposing parkway and sturdy brick buildings. As mining activities declined after 1900, the population of the community decreased.