Photo: Tudor Hall (Junius Brutus Booth House), ca. 1852, Route 22, Bel Air, MD. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. Photographed by User:Jerrye & Roy Klotz MD (own work), 2007, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed December, 2013.
Bel Air Town Hall is located at 39 Hickory Avenue, Bel Air, MD 21014.
Bel Air had its beginnings ca. 1780 when Aquilla Scott planned a town he name Scotts Old Fields. The town was later renamed "Bell Aire" and, finally, in 1798, named the simplified version, Bel Air. Bel Air remained essentially a single street town (Main Street) until after the Civil War.