Photo: Frank D. Yuengling Mansion, ca. 1913, 1440 Mahantongo St., Pottsville, PA. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. Photographed by User:Jerrye & Roy Klotz MD (own work), 2008, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed December, 2013.
Waldorf is a census‑designated‑place (CDP). The main post office is located at 150 Post Office Road, Waldorf, MD 20601.
Originally named Beantown, the name was changed in 1880 to Waldorf in honor of William Waldorf Astor, great-grandson of John Jacob Astor. 
Waldorf as described in 1940 
Waldorf has modern houses with wide, well-kept lawns. It developed after 1870 as a trading and shipping center of tobacco growers, but now serves chiefly as a shopping center for Washington workers who have moved into the county to escape the Capital's high rents.