Photo: Ludwick Rudisel Tannery House (Motter Place), ca. 1807, 65 Frederick Street, Taneytown, MD. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2006. Photographed by User:Doug Kerr (own work), 2011, [cc-by-2.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed May, 2013.
Taneytown City Hall is located at 17 East Baltimore Street, Taneytown, MD 21787.
Union Bridge as described in 1940 
Taneytown was founded in 1740 by Frederick Taney. Muskets were made here during the Revolutionary War and there is evidence that Eli Bentley produced some of his noted clocks here in the early 19th century. The principal products now are men's clothing and rubber shoes.
Nearby Towns: Union Bridge Town •