Cummington Town Hall is located at 33 Main Street, Cummington, MA 01026; phone: 413‑634‑5354.
Cummington is the location of the childhood home and later summer residence of the nineteenth-century poet, journalist and conservationist, William Cullen Bryant. Opened in certain seasons for special programs, tours and events, it is a National Historic Landmark. It was built in 1783; Bryant moved there with his family in 1799. During his childhood in the Colonial farmhouse he wrote a number of poems which were inspired by the attractiveness of the surrounding rural environment. He moved to New Yoirk in 1825, pursuing a career in journalism and publishing, acting as editor and co-editor of several publications.