The Warren County Courthouse is located at 429 East 10th Street, Bowling Green, KY 42102; phone: 270-842-9416.
The twenty-fourth of Kentucky's 120 counties, Warren County was created from Logan County in 1796 and named in honor of General Joseph Warren, veteran of the Battle of Bunker Hill. The earliest avenue of settlement in the county was the Cumberland Trace, which connected the Wilderness Road at a point in Lincoln County with Nashville. The Trace passed through the center of Warren County near the county seat, Bowling Green, crossing the Barren River at Ewing's Ford near the mouth of Drake's Creek. McFadden's Station [McFadin's Station] was built at this major river crossing in about 1785 and is held to have been the first structure erected in the county. Early settlement patterns in the county are represented by concentrations of log houses in the northwest and southeast sections and brick, Federal style houses along the main north-south route.