Lawrence County Kentucky
- HISTORIC SITES
- Louisa Residential Historic District
- Atkins-Carter House
- Big Sandy Milling Company
- Bloody Bucket Tavern
- Captain Freese House
- First United Methodist Church
- Fred M. Vinson Birthplace
- Garred House
- Louisa Commercial Historic District
- Louisa United Methodist Church
The Lawrence County Courthouse is located at 122 South Main Street, Louisa, KY 41230; phone: 606-638-4102.
The county was established in 1821 from parts of Floyd and Greenup counties. The first settler is believed to have been Charles Vancouver who built a house and farmed near the forks of the Big Sandy River about 1789.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
LivingPlaces.com © 1997-2019 • The Gombach Group • Contact