Wilmore City Hall is located at 335 East Main Street, Wilmore, KY 30490.
Wilmore as described in 1898 
The Village of Wilmore, the second in population in Jessamine County, is situated on the Cincinnati Southern Railway, five miles south of Nicholasville and about the same distance north of High Bridge, where the railway crosses the Kentucky River 276 feet above the water. Although but eight years old, it contains a population of about 600 and is probably growing more rapidly than any little town in central Kentucky. A steady and constant increase, without any inflation or boom methods, has made a stable population of healthy growth. There is not a vacant house in the town today, and as fast as built, a house is occupied. Its existence practically began with the foundation of Asbury College, which started September 2, 1890 in four rooms with two teachers and eleven pupils. Wilmore's growth has been, to a large extent, coexistent with the growth of this college, both in building and increase of faculty and students.
Organized just 100 years after the founding of Bethel Academy, the second chartered institution of American Methodism, and within four miles of the original site, it has renewed the work of its venerable predecessor with vigor as it has grown in power. This remarkable growth is due in large measure to the energy, ability and foresight of Reverend J. W. Hughes, the founder and president since its organization, while constant labors have made Asbury College a strong and worthy monument to himself and a power for good in the community and abroad.
Wilmore's nine business houses, carrying almost everything in stock that is needed or used, draw a trade far beyond its limits, and from three counties. Two drug stores and three doctors insure the continuance of a healthy community; three blacksmith and carriage repair shops find profitable employment; one leather harness shop is kept busy supplying everything in its line, from a buckle to a buggy top; two butcher shops and three large stores of clothing, dry goods, general merchandise and hardware supply the general needs of the outer and inner man.
The Glass Milling Company was established here on July 1, 1891. Its mill, which ground 60,000 bushels of wheat last year, with a capacity of sixty barrels of flour per day, is one mile from the railway station. Its Wilmore offices and warehouses were built in February of 1897 and since then all its business has been transacted from this point. This company also deals in coal and lumber, and since its establishment has handled over 2,000 tons of coal.
The Saegerser Mill Company has a grist mill in town, run by a gasoline engine; it does general grinding and deals in meal, feed-stuffs, etc.
A good livery stable, will-patronized, is one of the conveniences.
Wilmore is an important shipping point on the railway. Large amounts of grain, cattle, hogs, produce, etc., are both shipped from and received here, in addition to merchandise, coal, lumber and articles of domestic consumption.
It is essentially a moral and religious community; the influence of its churches and missionary work is felt widely beyond the limits of Jessamine County.
With a well-conducted public school of seventy-five pupils, in a new and commodious schoolhouse along with handsome, modern dwellings, Wilmore is a desirable place to reside and do business.
Nearby Towns: Nicholasville City •