Grayson City Hall is located at 302 East Main Street, Grayson, Kentucky 41143.
Grayson [†] named for Colonel Grayson, officially became a town in 1844, six years after the formation of the county. A map of that era shows eighty lots and five streets in the area around what is now the Courthouse. Around the early center of town were the Wilhoit Law Office and the Bagby General Store, along with the houses of the Goble, Davis, and Johnson families. Crossroads was an area along the stage coach line at the Barretts Creek ford that contained a large settlement until Grayson began to grow.
† Historical Views of Carter County, Francis Nash, 2010, www.wgohwugo.com, accessed September, 2021.