Photo: Daniel S. Major House, ca. 1857, 761 W. Eads Parkway (U.S. Route 50), Lawrenceburg, IN. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2003. Photographed by User:Nyttend (own work), 2012 [cc0-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed November, 2012.
Lawrenceburg City Hall is located at 100 North Main Street, Lawrenceburg, KY 40342.
The Four Roses bourbon whiskey distillery was built in Lawrenceburg in 1910. The distillery was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Lawrenceburg, county seat of Anderson County, was named in honor of Captain James Lawrence, commander of the Chesapeake, whose last words were "Don't give up the ship." The first settler of Lawrenceburg was a Dutchman named Coffman, who arrived in 1776 with his family from western Pennsylvania. He built a double log house which later served as a stopping point between Harrodsburg and Frankfort and became known as Coffman's Station. Lawrenceburg, incorporated in 1820, prospered early, chiefly by the production of fine whiskey.