Blackfoot City Hall is located at 157 North Broadway, Blackfoot, ID 83221.
Blackfoot was settled in the latter quarter of the 1800s and incorporated as a town in 1907.
Blackfoot as Described in 1914 
The metropolis and county seat of Bingham County as at present constituted is Blackfoot, which is one of the attractive towns of the northwest, with well shaded streets and a considerable number of handsome residences. Blackfoot now has, on authoritative estimate, a population of fully 4,000. It is situated on the main line of the Oregon Short Line Railroad going north, with a branch to Mackay. It is 25 miles north of Pocatello, Bannock county, a place known as "Gate City." From the territory of Bingham County was taken from a part of Power County which lies to the southwest. At Blackfoot is located the Idaho Asylum for the Insane, one of the best institutions of its kind in the Union. A number of rural towns and villages in various parts of the county afford needed trading facilities and all are prosperous and progressive.
The City of Blackfoot has 2 banks, a sugar factory, a flour mill, an opera house, 2 well conducted hotels, an alert commercial club, and 2 newspapers. It has well ordered electric light and waterworks plants. Blackfoot has 6 churches, Methodist, Baptist, Episcopal, Catholic, Lutheran and Latter Day Saints.