The Early 20th century neighborhood known locally as the Village of East Davenport was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980 as, simple, Davenport Village. The area was incorporated into Davenport City in 1856.
The neighborhood of Civil Ware era buildings has developed into a somewhat "trendy" area for in-city shopping and entertainment.
Originally known as Upper Davenport, it was laid out in the 1850s by William Hildreth and Dr. G. W. Witherwax.
The neighborhood is generally bounded by Judson Street, Kirkwood Boulevard, Jersey Ridge Road and East River Drive.
11th Street East • Christie Street • Hildreth Street • Jersey Ridge Road • Kirkwood Boulevard • Kuehl Street • River Drive East