Photo: Thomas A. Berry House, ca. 1930, 506 Hawthorne St., in Dalton, GA. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. Photographed by User:GamblinMonkey (own work), 2008, [cc-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed September, 2015.
Dalton City Hall is located at 300 West Waugh Street, Dalton, GA 30720.
The City of Dalton  was incorporated in 1847 and is the county seat of Whitfield County. The City encompasses 19.84 square miles. Dalton is served by SR 71, SR 52, U.S. 41, U.S. 76 and Interstate 75, providing access that has contributed to the City becoming a significant regional economic center.
Dalton is home to many U.S. floor covering manufacturers and the Georgia Athletic Coaches' Hall of Fame.