Conyers City Hall is located at 1184 Scott Street SE, Conyers, GA 30012.
Conyers as described in 1940 
Conyers, seat of Rockdale County, was incorporated in 1854. It was the first town in the state to test and win a case for prohibition; the first to have a law requiring people to keep their livestock confined; and the first to have a Presbyterian campground.
At Conyers is a Trappist Monastery (Roman Catholic), consisting of ninety monks. The Trappists are a branch of the Cistercian Order established by Armand de Rance in 1660, at the Monastery of La Trappe, in Normandy, France. The discipline includes frequent religious exercises—the first each day at 2 a.m., study and meditation, a simple meatless diet, manual labor, prolonged fasts at intervals, and perpetual silence among themselves.
The monastery has a large library which contains only religious books.
Nearby Towns: Lithonia City •