Rabun County Georgia
- Clayton City
- Dillard City
- Rabun Gap
- Sky Valley City
- Tiger Town
- Town of Mountain City
- HISTORIC SITES
- James Henry and Rachel Kilby House
- Second Rabun County Courthouse
- Hambidge Center Historic District
- York House
- Tallulah Falls Depot
Photo: York House, ca. 1840s, Route 23/441, Mountain City, GA. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. Photographed by User:Blastoids (own work), 2012, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed January, 2014.
Rabun County administrative offices are located at 25 Courthouse Square, Clayton, GA 30525; phone: 706-782-5271.
The first white settlers in the area were members of the John Dillard family, who came for a land grant awarded for John's service in the Revolutionary War. Rabun was established in 1819 as Georgia's 47th county. It is named for William Rabun [1771-1819], who served from 1817 to 1819 as Georgia's 11th governor.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.Privacy
LivingPlaces.com © 1997-2019
The Gombach Group • Contact