- Darien City
- Sapelo Island
- HISTORIC SITES
- D'Antignac House
- Hog Hammock Historic District
- The Ridge
- Vernon Square-Columbus Square Historic District
- West Darien Historic District
Photo: The Ridge, Old Shell Road, GA Route 99, Ridgeville, GA. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. Photographed by User:Ebyabe (own work), 2011, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed June, 2013.
The McIntosh County courthouse is located at 310 Northway Street, Darien, GA 31305; phone: 912-437-6641.
The county, established in 1793 from part of Liberty County, is named for the McIntosh "clan," early pioneers of the area. Spanish Franciscan Friars had established a mission here as early as the late 16th century. [www.dca.state.ga.us, accessed June, 2013]