Lincolnton City Hall is located at 125 North Peachtree Street, Lincolnton, GA 30817.
Lincolnton, the governmental seat and commercial center of Lincoln County, was incorporated in December 19, 1817 and extends in a one-mile radius that originates at a Confederate Monument which marks the site of the original courthouse. Formerly serving as the agricultural and government service center for the county, Lincolnton is currently evolving into the recreational, tourism and manufacturing employment center for the Clarks Hill Lake Area.
Lincolnton is home to the 447-acre Elijah Clark State Park and Museum that contains many artifacts from the pre-Revolutionary War era. This park, which also offers boating and fishing activities, is where the Revolutionary War hero Elijah Clark and his wife are buried.