Smyrna City Hall is located at 2800 King Street, Smyrna, GA 30080.
The railroad once played a fairly significant role in Smyrna's development. In 1836 the construction of a railroad began through Cobb County, and by the date of completion in 1842, the railroad had started Smyrna on its change from a frontier village to a growing community. The railroad helped establish the permanent location of the city and provided work for the townspeople. Gristmills and factories were also established in the 1840's. These mills and factories played a prominent role in the early growth of the community. However, by the close of the 19th century, Smyrna was primarily an agrarian community. While there was industry and the railroad, the economy was by then largely based on agriculture.
Smyrna was incorporated in 1872. In 1946 Smyrna elected Lorena Pruitt as mayor, the first female mayor to be elected in the State of Georgia.
Nearby Towns: Mableton • Marietta City •