Oviedo City Hall is located at 400 Alexandria Boulevard, Oviedo, FL 32765.
Oviedo was first settled about 1865 when homesteaders began taking up residence along the shores of Lake Jessup. Prior to this, the area was home to the Timucua, a part of the Seminole Indian tribe. Until 1879 the settlement was known as the Lake Jessup Community. At that time, a post office was created, named Oviedo by Andrew Aulin, the first postmaster. The name comes from Oviedo City, established in Spain in the 8th century.
Oviedo was incorporated as a city in 1925.