Jupiter Town Hall is located at 210 Military Trail, Jupiter, FL 33458.
The name Jupiter had its origin during the time the British controlled Florida between 1763-1783. Spain had ceded Florida to Britain at that time and when the British examined the Spanish maps for the area, they found Rio Jobe as the name of the local river. It is believed that the Spanish named the area Jobe after the native residents (the Jobe [Ho-bay] Indians). This is where Hobe Sound got its name. The British had a tendency to Anglicize most of the words they found and changed Jove (the Roman name for Zeus) to their version, called Jupiter.