Photo: Mote-Morris House, ca. 1892, moved from 1021 North Main Street to 1195 Magnolia Street in 1990. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. Photographed by User:Ebyabe, 2007, [cc-by-2.5 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed February, 2015.
Leesburg City Hall is located at 501 West Meadow Street, Leesburg, FL 34749.
Leesburg's namesake, Evander Lee, came here with his family about 1857 as the first permanent settler. Thomas Robertson and John Marmadule Robertson settled here about 1843, but left around 1854. Lee purchased the old Thomas Robertson farm and moved in with his wife and 8 children. Evander Lee and his brother, Calvin, opened a store in a log building on Main Street. Leesburg was incorporated in 1875, more than a decade before Lake County was created from Sumter and Orange counties. Calvin Lee is credited with naming the town. [www.leesburgflorida.gov, A Brief History of Leesburg, accessed June, 2011]