Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Monument Town

El Paso County, Colorado

Monument Town Hall is located at 645 Beacon Lite Road, Monument, CO 80132.
Phone: 719-481-2954.

Mr. David McShane is credited with being one of Monument's [†] first homesteaders in 1865. He became the first postmaster in Monument and one of the first commissioners in El Paso County. Henry Limbach and his family were also early arrivals and had much to do with planning and developing of Monument, which prospered as the commercial hub for the area on arrival of the railroad. The Town was originally called Henry's Station, but was changed when the railroad was built in 1871. Monument was named for the rock formation to the west and was incorporated in 1879, with Henry Limbach as the first Mayor.

† www.townofmonument.org, accessed September, 2021.

Neighborhoods