Black Forest is an unincorporated census‑designated‑place north of the City of Colorado Springs. The Black Forest Post Office is located at 11425 Black Forest Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80908.
Black Forest is part area of the 1,000 square mile area known as The Pineries, originally inhabited by Native Americans of the Ute and Comanche tribes. White men began settling about 1860, attracted by the source of scarce timber. Farming and ranching ultimately replaced lumbering as the primary economic activities. [Black Forest, Colorado, en.wikipedia.org, accessed August, 2011]