Photo: Old Mill in the T. R. Pugh Memorial Park, near Fairway Avenue and Lakeshore Drive, North Little Rock, AR. The site, a recreation, was used in the opening scenes of the movie Gone With the Wind. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986. Photographed by User:Ernest Mettendorf (own work), 2005, [cc0-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed April, 2013.
North Little Rock City Hall is located at 120 Main Street, North Little Rock, AR 72115.
North Little Rock was once known as Argenta, a name currently applied specifically to downtown North Little Rock. In 1890, Little Rock annexed the unincorporated Argenta community as its Eighth Ward, preempting a competing petition to incorporate Argenta. A neighboring area was incorporated as the Town of North Little Rock in 1901 as part of a plan to reclaim the Eighth Ward from Little Rock. By 1904, the Arkansas Supreme Court allowed the town to annex the Eighth Ward; the modern City of North Little Rock considers this its founding date. The combined city adopted the Argenta name by 1906, but reverted to North Little Rock in October 1917. [en.wikipedia.org, accessed September, 2012]
Nearby Towns: Little Rock City • Sherwood City •