Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Monroe County, Arkansas

Monroe County Photo

Photo: William Slack Family House, ca. 1895, 311 West Ash Street, Brinkley, AR. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. Photographed by User:Brandonrush (own work), 2014, [cc-by-4.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed August, 2015.


The Monroe County Courthouse is located at 123 Madison Street, Clarendon, AR 72029; phone: 870‑747‑3921.

TOWNS

Monroe County was established in 1829 from parts of Arkansas and Phillips counties. It is named for James Monroe who served as the 5th U.S. President.

HISTORIC SITES