Arkansas City municipal offices are located at 200 Robert S. Moore Avenue, Arkansas City, AR, 71630.
The area that would become Arkansas City (at the confluence of the Walnut and Arkansas Rivers) was settled as early as 1834 by Isaac Adair. Other early settlers included Charley Campbell and Oscar Bowles. A post office was established in 1872 and the town was incorporated in 1873. Arkansas City was designated as the seat of Desha County in 1879. [www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net, accessed August, 2015.]