Photo: Henry-Jordan House, ca. 1877, 301 Blount Avenue, Guntersville, AL. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. Photographed by user:GregGrimes (own work), 2014, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed September, 2014.
The Marshall County Courthouse is located at 424 Blount Avenue, Guntersville, AL 35976; phone: 256‑571‑7701.
Marshall County was created in 1836. There were a succession of county seats (Claysville, Marshall, and Warrenton) prior to Guntersville being designated the seat of government in 1848.