banner search whats new site index home

Ellsworth Village

Ellsworth Village Hall is located at 130 N. Chestnut Street, Ellsworth, WI 54011; phone: 715-273-4742.

Ellsworth is named for Colonel Elmer Ephraim Ellsworth, a friend of Abraham Lincoln who is considered the first "conspicuous death" to occur during the Civil War. The village proclaims the distinction as the "Cheese Curd Capital of Wisconsin." The area was first settled by Anthony Huddleston, C. B. Bruce, E. M. Bruce and Wilson Kinney and their families. The village was platted in 1862. A railroad depot (Omaha Railroad) was established nearby, in 1885. The village was incorporated in 1887.

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 20248