Johnson County Texas
The Johnson County Courthouse is located at 204 South Buffalo Street, Cleburne, TX 76033; phone: 817-556-6300.
Johnson County was created in 1854 and named for Middleton Tate Johnson [1810-1866], a Texas Ranger who fought in the Mexican-American War. When Hood County was taken from Johnson County in 1867, Camp Henderson became the new county seat. It was renamed Cleburne in honor of Confederate General Patrick Cleburne [1828-1864].