Knob Hill Historic District
Known as the Knob Hill Addition the local historic district of Knob Hill is a residential neighborhood platted in February 1910. It includes many Craftsman Bungalows, Classical Revival and minimal traditionalist homes. Knob Hill was advertised in the San Antonio Daily Express, as having tremendous distance views of Mission Concepcion, San Fernando Gardens, the "Lady of the Lake Academy," Beacon Hill, Alamo Heights and Fort Sam Houston.
The original plat had 96 lots. By early 1911 eleven homes had been completed. Owners of the development were listed as residents in a 1915 City Directory: W. T. Good (1125 Virginia Avenue) and R. H. Traylor (101 Nelson Avenue).
The district was officially designated by City Council in September of 2010.