Madison County Tennessee
The Madison County Courthouse is located at 100 East Main Street, Jackson, TN 38301; phone 731-423-6030.
In 1819, the area that would become Madison County had its first settlement in the Cotton Gin Grove community by John Hargrove, Roderick and Duncan McIver and families. Later in 1819, John Bradberry settled near Spring Creek and Seth O. Waddell was an early settler. In 1820 surveyor Adam R. Alexander, James Porter, James Brown and William Doak established the third settlement in the western portion of the county area on the Forked Deer River. [History, www.co.madison.tn.us, accessed November, 2013]