Historic village founded ca. 1820. The York and Peach Bottom Railroad reached here in 1874 and a station was established. In 1876, Springvale had a railroad station, a freight depot, a grist mill, a saw mill, a tannery, and a general store. In 1877 a post office was opened. Dr. William B. Bigler practiced medicine from 1881 to 1910. In the early 1900's, H. G. Barnhart owned and operated a cigar factory and later an automobile dealership.