Forksville Borough Hall, R.R. #4, P.O. Box 4194, Dushore PA 18614; phone: 570-924-3214.
The borough is bordered on three sides by Forks Township, and on the northwest by Elkland Township. Main thoroughfares through the boro are Route 87 and Route 154.
Over 6 decades borough population grew 36% – of course, since the 2000 census counted 147 residents, 36% equates to an average growth of less than 1 person per year.
Incorporated from Forks Township, December 22, 1880. Named for the geographical position at the Forks of Big and Little Loyalsock creeks. One of the two oldest towns in the county. The first permanent settlers were William Molyneaux, John Warren and Powell Bird, who cleared lands for the prospective English community of Joseph Priestley, Jr., which, however, was never effected. When the Rogers Brothers built their woolen mill in 1810 the town grew rapidly, and it became a shipping center for glass from Lewis Lake, and other products along the Loyalsock Valley. Population in 1940 was 108.