Dushore Borough Hall, 216 Julia Street, Dushore PA 18614; phone: 570-928-8020.
Main thoroughfares through the boro are German Street (north-south, Route 220) and Main & Mill Streets (east-west). The borough is wholly surrounded by Cherry Township.
Dushore, Incorporated from Cherry Township, in 1859. The name is a corrupted surname of its founder, Aristide Aubert Dupetit-Thouars, a captain in the French Navy, and a member of the unfortunate Asylum Company, where he was one of the Royal exiles, during the French Revolution. It was on the site of Dushore this genial, high-spirited soldier and statesman, affectionately nicknamed "the Admiral," bravely endeavored to hew out a new home in his wilderness tract of four hundred acres. The first permanent settler, however, was John Mosier, in 1825, when he owned the greater portion of the land upon which the town is now built. It became known as Mosier Hollow, and later as Jackson Hollow, after the Jacksons became business men of the place. It was Dr. Josiah Jackson, more than any other person, who named the place Dushore. The Jacksons came from Catawissa, from which place Samuel served in the War of 1812 as a captain. He afterwards removed to Berwick, and, in i8i9, moved to Cherry Township, and engaged in mercantile business at Cherry Hill and then removed to what is now Dushore. The Jackson family has been prominent through many generations. Population in 1940 was 739.