banner search whats new site index home

Snydertown Borough

Snydertown Borough Hall is located at 42 South Main Street, Snydertown PA 17877; phone: 570-672-2190.

Beginnings [1]

Incorporated from Shamokin Township, May 26, 1871, and named for Jacob Snyder, who laid out the town on land first owned by Godfrey Rockefeller, but which passed into the ownership of Mr. Snyder. Among the pioneers were the Lewis, Holsman, Gonsar, Jones, Martz, and Klase families.

  1. Godcharles, Frederic A., Litt.D., Chronicles of Central Pennsylvania, 1944, Lewis Historical Publishing, Inc., New York
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 11873 • Privacy