The village of Mooresburg was laid out in 1806 and was named in honor of the Moore family, who first settled here. The area of the town plat was thirteen acres, and the first building was the home which Stephen Moore built. Stephen was "a descendant of one of three brothers, John. Joseph and Andrew Moore, who accompanied William Penn on the good ship "Welcome," which arrived at American shores in 1762. They were members of the Society of Friends, and Stephen was a grandson of John, one of those adventurous argonauts. He died at his home January 20, 1813.
The Mooresburg pottery was established in 1857. The last owner was J. F. Ack, in 1901.
The Mooresburg gristmill was operated by Ephraim Bower, and fitted with modern machinery and run by steam.
The hotel here was kept by Richard B. Latshaw. W. G. Ford rans a store and the post office, and B. W. James was another storekeeper.