A Brief History 
...Skippack village [is] located at the junction of Routes 73 and 113. Four of the main buildings in the village were Literary Hall, two hotels, and a post office. Literary Hall was built in 1847 to serve as the local high school but was abandoned in the early 1870s. Isaac H. Tyson acquired the building in 1876. He maintained a "tinkers shop," selling tinware, milk buckets, kitchen utensils, and other goods. Tyson was killed in 1899 when a cow knocked over his ladder while he was working on a barn roof.
For a brief period in the late nineteenth century, the three-story building next to Literary Hall housed the Enterprise Shirt Company. Isaac Tyson's son, Harry, took over the building and began a plumbing supply service, eventually leading to the establishment of a hardware store. Harry's son, Sylvester, took over in 1939. Among his services were the repair and hand lettering of milk cans.