Morwood is a small village located in the western part of Franconia Township near the east branch of the Perkiomen Creek. In 1888, the name of the post office was changed from Gehman to Morwood. The first syllable was evidently a tribute to Levi P. Morton, vice president of the United States. The second syllable was in recognition of the woods in the area. Earlington, like Franconia and Elroy, is also on Allentown Road. It is located in the northwestern portion of the township. The name "Earlington" was chosen by a committee of the citizens in 1855.