banner search whats new site index home

Centertown


Samuel Waldron was the first settler (1799) at Centertown. The first grist mill in the township was built here in 1805, and Samuel O. Waldron, a son of the pioneer, operated a sawmill for a number of years. David M. Waldron, the oldest living member of the family, still lived in Wolf Creek township in 1909. A post office was established at Centertown in January, 1840, was discontinued in July, 1842, re-established in December, 1843, and finally abolished with the advent of rural delivery. [1]

  1. White, J. G., editor, A Twentieth Century History of Mercer County Pennsylvania, The Lewis Publishing Company, Chicago, 1909

Centertown Map

Street Names
Centertown Road • Scrubgrass Road

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 215-295-6555 • 127865 • Privacy