The principal center in Sugar Grove Township is Kennard, where a post office was established in March, 1864, with William C. Keene as postmaster. He continued in office over twenty years. A store was at this place about eight years before the railroad came. United Brethren and Methodist churches were established here in the 1860s. 
- White, J. G., editor, A Twentieth Century History of Mercer County Pennsylvania, The Lewis Publishing Company, Chicago, 1909
Atlantic Road • Calvin Road • Groover Road • Kennard Road • Kennard-Osgood Road
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 215-295-6555 • 127879 • Privacy