banner search whats new site index home

Clarks Mills

Giles Clark in 1838 established a mill in the east part of the township and began a milling business which fixed the name Clark's Mills among the villages of the county. In the sixties the branch of the Lake Shore Railroad brought better transportation for the mills and other business interests of this place. The post office of Clark's Mills was established in January, 1871, with Jacob M. Vaughn as postmaster.

  1. White, J. G., editor, A Twentieth Century History of Mercer County Pennsylvania, The Lewis Publishing Company, Chicago, 1909

Clarks Mills Map

Street Names
Carey Road • Hadley Road • Lake Wilhelm Road • Mill Road • Route 358

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 215-295-6555 • 127863 • Privacy